Conditions of participation in the 3rd Congress of Polish Statistics (Kraków, 26-28 April 2022)
I. GENERAL PROVISIONS
1. The organizers of the 3rd Congress of Polish Statistics (Kraków, 26-28 April 2022), hereinafter referred to as the "Congress", are the President of Statistics Poland and the Polish Statistical Association, hereinafter referred to as the "Organizers".
2. The congress will be held April 26-28, 2022 in Kraków, Poland.
3. The language of the Congress is Polish, but it is possible to speak in English during sessions conducted in this language.
4. The subject-matter aspect of the Congress is supervised by the Scientific Committee appointed by the Organizers.
5. The provisions of the Regulations are an integral part of registration for the Congress, and sending the application form to the Organizers is synonymous with accepting these Regulations.
6. All dates contained in the Regulations are obligatory and non-exceedable, unless the Organizers decide otherwise, of which they will notify the Participants.
7. The Organizers reserve the right to make changes to the program and these Regulations, and to change the date of the Congress or cancel it.
8. If the Congress is cancelled, the Organizers undertake to notify the registered Participants by e-mail, no later than 5 days before the scheduled start date of the Congress.
9. The Organizers may record video and sound from the Conference for documentation, reporting and promotional purposes of the Congress and the Organizers.
10. Congress website address: kongres2022.stat.gov.pl.
II. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
1. There are two forms of participation in the Congress:
1) passive participation – a Participant who has fulfilled all the participation requirements in item 2. A passive participant is also a person registered as an active Participant of the Congress who is a co-author but does not present the submitted paper;
2) active participation – a Participant who has been invited by the Organizers to present a paper and has fulfilled all the participation requirements in items 3 and 4. As part of active participation the Participant is entitled to present his/her paper in the form of an oral presentation.
2. A passive Participant of the Congress is a natural person over the age of majority who has registered in the application made available on the Congress website. Due to the limited number of places, the Participant registration is determined by the order of applications.
3. An active Participant of the Congress is a natural person over the age of majority who meets all the conditions specified in item 4.
4. In order to become an active Participant of the Congress, the following conditions must be met together:
1) registration in the application made available on the Congress website;
2) registration of the subject and abstract of the prepared paper in one or more thematic sessions suggested by the Organizers;
3) reception of an e-mail from the Organizers confirming registration of at least one abstract;
4) acceptance by the Organizers of at least one subject and abstract of the prepared paper.
5. Each Participant will receive a certificate for either giving an oral presentation (active participation) or passive participation.
III. RULES OF THE CONGRESS
1. The abstract submission deadline is February 15, 2022. After this date, online registration will not be available unless the Organizers extend the abstract registration deadline. Information about the extension of the abstract registration deadline will be posted on the Congress website.
2. The deadline for online registration for active and passive participation in the Congress is April 8, 2022. After this date, online registration will not be available unless the Organizers extend the registration deadline. Information about the extension of the participation registration deadline will be posted on the Congress website. The Organizers reserve the right to close the registration before the deadline in case the number of registered Participants reaches the limit.
3. Registration of abstracts as well as active and passive participation is made in applications available on the Congress website: kongres2022.stat.gov.pl.
4. Each Participant (active and passive) before registration creates an account, which requires the following personal information: name and surname, e-mail address, to which an account activation link will be sent.
5. After creating an account, each Participant (active and passive) registers in the provided applications by filling out an application form by providing the following personal information: name and surname, e-mail address, name and address of the institution he/she represents, optional phone number. After submitting the form, the Participant receives a confirmation of registration at the e-mail address provided in the registration form. If the registration confirmation is not received within 48 hours from the moment of registration, the Participant should contact the Organizers by sending a message to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
6. An active Participant submits an abstract using the provided application, providing the following personal information in the registration form: author's name or co-authors' names, institution name(s) (affiliation), e-mail address or co-authors' e-mail addresses.
7. Participants undertake to correctly and truthfully fill in the registration forms.
8. The Organizers are not responsible for damages resulting from incorrect data entered into the forms by persons registering their participation in the Congress.
9. The Organizers stipulate that despite the confirmation of registration, the passive Participant may receive an e-mail with information about cancellation of registration in connection with the establishment of certain restrictions, orders and prohibitions due to the pandemic situation.
10. In the case of cancellation of the registration referred to in item 9, due to limitations in the number of persons able to participate in the Congress, the order of applications will be applied. The Organizers will send the cancellation information to the Participant's e-mail address no later than 5 days before the planned Congress start date.
B. SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE
1. The Scientific Committee of the Congress evaluates the formal and subject-matter correctness of submitted abstracts and decides on their acceptance.
2. The Scientific Committee of the Congress has the right to reject an abstract and a Participant's application if it does not meet formal or subject-matter requirements.
3. If too many abstracts are submitted for each session, the Scientific Committee of the Congress will select from among the submitted abstracts and reject the others.
4. The decisions of the Scientific Committee of the Congress are final.
1. The abstract must be submitted using the electronic form and may be provided additionally as a file, as an attachment to the electronic form.
2. The abstract registration app contains a template for abstract preparation as an MS Word file available for download.
3. Abstracts must be prepared in accordance with the editorial requirements in Polish and English, or in English only if this is the language of presentation. The abstract should include:
1) information about the author(s) including academic title and affiliation; in the case of papers written by multiple authors, a contact author must be indicated;
2) A paper title that properly reflects the content of the paper;
7) keyword information, which should include up to 5 keywords.
4. The abstract should be prepared using Arial font size 10 pt.
5. The number of characters in each language version for the subject-matter content of the abstract, i.e. the sum of the elements: objective, methodology, results and conclusions, must not exceed 2000 characters (including spaces).
6. A Participant may co-author multiple abstracts, but must personally present at least one of the submitted presentations to receive a certificate of active participation in the Congress.
7. The Participant assumes full responsibility for the content contained in each submitted abstract.
8. The Scientific Committee of the Congress may request the Participant to supplement or make changes to the abstract. The deadline for submitting the abstract will be specified by the Organizers in the information sent to the Participant's e-mail address.
9. The Participant will be informed of the decision of the Scientific Committee of the Congress, with respect to each submitted abstract, no later than 30 days after the end of the application period, subject to item 8.
10. The organizers will publish abstracts accepted by the Scientific Committee of the Congress in a Book of Abstracts with an assigned ISBN number.
11. If the deadline for abstract submission is exceeded, the Organizers have the right not to include the submitted abstract in the Book of Abstracts.
1. The venue for the sessions will be determined by the Organizers and will be announced to the Participants on the Congress website.
2. Oral presentation time per paper may be up to 30 minutes and is at the discretion of the session moderator.
3. Session discussions are held at the discretion of the session moderator.
4. Active Participants are required to submit their presentations electronically to the Organizers in the format specified by the Organizers by April 15, 2022 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. In exceptional cases, active Participants will be allowed to copy their presentations (in the format specified by the Organizers) to a computer in the session room no later than 15 minutes before the start of the session.
6. The Organizers do not guarantee the display of the presentation prepared by the active Participant if the active Participant fails to deliver his/her presentation in the manner specified in items 4 or 5.
7. The active Participant assumes full responsibility for all materials and statements made by him/her during the Congress.
8. An active Participant is obliged to present his/her submitted paper during the session. Deviation from this rule is possible only in exceptional situations after prior consultation with the Organizers and session moderator.
9. The organizers allow for the presentation of the paper by two co-authors (active Participants).
E. IMAGE and LICENSE
1. Sending an application for participation in the Congress is synonymous with acknowledging that the use of the Congress Participant's image, in accordance with Article 81 par. 2 of the Act of 4 February 1994 on copyright and related rights (Journal of Laws of 2021, item 1062), does not require permission.
2. The Participant agrees to their image being recorded in the photographs, films or voice recordings of the Congress to be disseminated by the Organizers free of charge for the purpose of documenting the course of the Congress, including its use in promotional materials and publications in the media of the Congress, as well as other promotional materials of Statistics Poland, without any territorial and time limitations, by means of reproduction, public displaying, streaming and sharing in such a way that everybody can access it in a place and time chosen by themselves, including the Internet.
3. The active Participant gives his/her consent for the Organizers to process his/her personal data, that is to record and publish, free of charge, his/her image and statements recorded during the Congress, including marking statements with his/her name and surname, as well as placing recorded statements on the Organizers' websites and social networking sites for promotional, educational and science popularization purposes.
4. In his/her statement, the active Participant of the Congress shall grant the Organizers a non-exclusive and royalty-free license to use his/her image and voice as well as the content of the presented paper recorded during the Congress, including marking his/her statements with his/her name and surname, in the following fields of exploitation:
1) In terms of recording and reproduction – production, recording by any technique, including in particular: magnetic recording technique, light sensitive, audiovisual, digital, optical, computer regardless of the format and medium, size, form and technique;
2) as regards dissemination – public display, streaming, as well as sharing in such a way that everyone can have access to it at a place and time of their own choice, including the Internet and other teleinformatic, multimedia and computer networks, in particular the Organizers' websites.
5. In connection with the granting of the license – the active Participant assures that the use of his/her image and voice and the content of the presented paper in the scope presented above will not violate anyone's rights, in particular intellectual property rights, and does not require any permission from a third party. The Organizers inform that the image of the active Participant will not be distributed with information or comments putting the Participant in a negative light.
6. The active Participant waives all claims (existing and future), including those for remuneration against the Organizers, due to the use of his/her image/voice/speech for the purposes specified in the Regulations.
7. A template of the statement of consent for the use of image and voice and the content of the presented paper of the active Participant will be sent to the Participant's e-mail address together with information on acceptance of the subject and abstract of the prepared paper. The statement can be sent back to email@example.com, if the Participant has a qualified electronic signature, or submitted to the session moderator during the Congress.
F. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
In connection with the implementation of the requirements of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data
and on the free movement of such data and the repeal of Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) , hereinafter referred to as "RODO", the Organizers inform about the principles and the Participants' rights related to the processing of personal data, described in detail in the document "Information on processing of personal data for the Participants of the 3rd Congress of Polish Statistics (Kraków, April 26-28, 2022)" published on the Congress website and made available in the registration forms.
1. Participation in the Congress is free of charge.
2. The organizers provide meals during the Congress - 3 lunches and snacks during 8 coffee breaks.
3. Organizers do not provide and do not cover costs of accommodation and travel of Participants.
H. CANCELLATION OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONGRESS
Cancellation of participation in the Congress by the Participant may be made only by sending an appropriate notice to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 19 April 2022.
I. SANITARY REQUIREMENTS
1. The Organizers oblige the Participants to read the safety conditions being in force at the time of the Congress, described in detail in the document Safety Procedure during the 3rd Congress of Polish Statistics on 26-28 April 2022, placed on the Congress website, under the "Safety" tab.
2. The Congress participant, together with the registration confirmation, will receive the Security Procedure during the 3rd Congress of Polish Statistics on April 26-28, 2022 through e-mail.
3. Participants are required to follow safety rules.
4. The participant is obliged to use the ID badge issued by the Organizers for the entire duration of the Congress. It is forbidden to give or make the ID badge available to other persons. In case of losing the ID badge, this fact must be reported to the Organizer.
5. Organizers inform that failure to observe safety rules may result in removing the Participant from the Congress.
6. In the case of changes in regulations concerning specific restrictions, orders and prohibitions due to the state of the epidemic causing a change in the Security Procedure during the 3rd Congress of Polish Statistics on 26-28 April 2022, the Participant will be informed about the changes both before the Congress and during it.
1. The organizers anticipate the possibility of publishing articles prepared on the basis of the papers delivered during the Congress in scientific publications of Statistics Poland (https://nauka.stat.gov.pl/Index ):
1) scientific journals ("Wiadomości Statystyczne. The Polish Statistician", "Statistics in Transition new series", "Przegląd Statystyczny. Statistical Review");
2) scientific monographs (in the series Library of Statistical News or Statistical Research Papers).
2. The condition of publication is meeting the editorial requirements of the journal or monograph series in question and receiving positive reviews.
H. FINAL PROVISIONS
1. The organizers set the program of the Congress and have the right to make changes in it, also on the day of the Congress, including the right to change the time schedule and order of speeches.
2. Organizers are not responsible for technical or organizational problems of Participants related to participation in the Congress resulting from causes beyond the control of Organizers.
3. The Participant bears full responsibility for all materials and information presented by him during the Congress. The Participant is obliged to ensure that all statements and presentations made by him/her during the Congress do not violate the law or the rights or personal interests of third parties.
4. The Participant undertakes to comply with these Regulations, Safety Procedures, social rules, instructions and organizational and technical instructions of the Organizers.
5. The Participant is obliged to mark his/her participation in the Congress by giving his/her full name. The Participant is obliged to provide true, identifying personal information.
6. The Participant is fully responsible for damage to property on the premises where the Congress is held.
7. The regulations shall become effective on January 20, 2022.
 Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (Official Journal of the EU L 119 of 04.05.2016, p. 1, as amended).